Conditions of Use of the Judaism and Rome Website
ARTICLE 1: Purpose
The present "general conditions of use" are intended to specify the legal framework for the use of the services of the Judaism and Rome website by the “User” or the “Member”.
The general conditions of use must be accepted by any User or Member wishing to access to the website. The access to the site by the User or Member signifies its acceptance of the present general conditions of use.
In the event of non-acceptance of these general conditions of use, the User or Member shall renounce to the access of the website’s services.
Judaism and Rome reserves the right to modify unilaterally and at any time the content of these general conditions of use.
ARTICLE 2: Legal notices
The Judaism and Rome website is published by the Centre Paul-Albert Février – TDMAM (UMR CNRS AMU 7297), “the Publisher”, whose premises are located at the Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l’Homme, 5, rue du château de l’horloge, 13090 Aix-en-Provence, FRANCE.
The Director of the publication is Mrs Emmanuèle CAIRE, Director of the TDMAM Research Centre.
ARTICLE 3: Definitions
The purpose of this clause is to define the terms of the contract:
- User: this term refers to any person who uses the website or one of the services offered by the website.
- User content: designates the data transmitted by the User within the website.
- Member: the User becomes a member when he/she is identified on the website.
- Username and password: means all informations needed to identify a User on the website.
The Username and the password allow the User to access services reserved for the Members of the website. The password is confidential.
ARTICLE 4: Access to Services
The website allows the User or Member to freely access the following services:
- to see the pages of the website presenting the project, the team members, the collaborations, the events.
- to see and search the bibliographical items.
- to search the ancient sources.
- to see part of the contents concerning the ancient sources. Some parts of these contents are accessible only to registered users (i.e. Members)
- to read the commentaries done by the ERC team Members on the ancient sources. The User or Member is allowed to quote or reproduce these commentaries (without modification) but only if he/she indicates the name of the author and the url address of the website page from which they are taken, following the indications provided on the website’s page for this particular content.
In addition, the website allows the Member to freely access the following services:
- to see all the contents of the website.
- to send a comment to the web manager.
The site is accessible free of charge to any user with access to Internet. All costs incurred by the User or the Member to access the website’s service (hardware, software, Internet connection, etc.) shall be borne by the User or the Member.
ARTICLE 5: Conditions of use of the Judaism and Rome'scontents
The accessible contents (for Users and for Members) on the website Judaism and Rome are mostly digital reproductions of works falling into the public domain or for which an authorization has been obtained, coming mainly from the following contributors:
- Oxford University Press
- Editions Les Belles-Lettres
- Baker Publishing Group
- Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Koninklijke Brill
- Walter de Gruyter Publisher
- Francis Cairns (Publications) Ltd.
- Indiana University Press
- Columbia University Press
- Classical Numismatic Group, Inc.
- Israel Museum, Jerusalem
- British Museum, London
- British Institute at Ankara
- Epigraphic Database Roma
- Academy of the Hebrew Language, Jerusalem
For the contents that are free of rights, their non-commercial re-use is free with respect to the compliance with the legislation in force and in particular the mention of the source.
Any modification of documents free of rights that may infringe the rights granted to the authors or their beneficiaries is strictly prohibited, in accordance with the French legislation.
The commercial re-use of these contents is not the subject of the present use and may be subject to a license to be negotiated. Commercial re-use means the resale of content in the form of elaborate products or the provision of direct or indirect service. For any question please contact email@example.com.
Some contents are subject to a special re-use regime and the “copyright” is mentioned for these contents.
These contents are mostly reproductions of copyrighted material owned by a third party. These documents may not be reused without the prior consent of the copyright owner. The User or the Member is entirely responsible and must contact the owner of the rights before using any of these protected contents.
Any modification of the Copyrighted contents is excluded unless if the user has obtained the formal consent of the copyright holder. It is the sole responsibility of the User or the Member to obtain all the necessary authorizations.
In any case, any use or modification of the contents appearing on the website Judaism and Rome remains the sole responsibility of the User or the Member.
Judaism and Rome constitutes a database, owned by the Publisher as his quality of producer. This database is protected in accordance with articles L341-1 of the French Intellectual Property Code.
The present conditions of use of the contents of the website are governed by French law. If the contents are to be used in another country, it is the responsibility of each user to ensure that any such project complies with the laws of that country.
The User or the Member agrees to comply with these conditions of use as well as applicable legislation, notably that relating to intellectual property. A failure to comply with these provisions can be subject to a fine defined by French law.